[wix-users] Registering an out-of-process COM server

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Sat Mar 16 08:20:05 PDT 2019

Heat does not have the ability to capture out-of-proc COM registration. It's quite a challenging thing to do.

We built a commercial harvesting solution that supports out-of-proc COM (https://www.firegiant.com/wix/wep-documentation/harvesting/selfreg/). It's available via the FireGiant WiX Expansion Pack (https://www.firegiant.com/products/wix-expansion-pack/).