[wix-users] Status during Installation

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 09:20:28 PDT 2019

Your custom action needs to send progress messages for those events.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/msi/sending-messages-to-windows-installer-using-msiprocessmessage

I believe the WiX standard custom actions for SQL already send progress
messages for events it can report on. I think "Executing SQL Strings" is
evidence of that. If you'd like more or different progress messages sent by
the WiX standard custom actions for SQL, then I think you'll need to
contribute a patch (just a guess).

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 4:50 AM Ven H via wix-users <