[wix-users] Overwrite file only if modified
alexiscote19 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 29 07:21:43 PDT 2019
I'm trying to change the CouchDB windows installer to ensure that local configuration files remains on uninstallation.
At the moment, a premade file called (local.ini) is shipped with the application. CouchDB's team what to:
1. On uninstall, keep the local.ini file if it was changed
2. Let's assume we make this file permanent. On install, it should only overwrite the local.ini file if it was changed.
>From my research, there doesn't seem to be any support from WiX out of the box.
My first untested solution was to use custom actions to:
1. Make the local.ini file permanent
2. Make the local.ini file NewOverwrite="yes"
3. On uninstall, check if the file was modified. If yes, we delete it using a custom action script.
Do you have any ideas on how I could do that?
More information about the wix-users