[wix-users] Burn enabling Net Feature on Windows Server

Camille Zanni caz at schneider.ch
Fri Mar 8 04:07:28 PST 2019

I made a Burn installer, which activates Net Feature and installs .Net 4.7.

<ExePackage Id="FeatureNet35Client"

                  DisplayName="Aktivierung Feature DotNet 3.5 Client"

                  SourceFile="run.bat"

                  InstallCommand="dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3"

                  InstallCondition="NTProductType = "1" AND NOT Netfx35Version"

      />

This works fine on Windows 10, but not on Windows Server 2012.

I found out, that the feature names are different and that I could use "Install-WindowsFeature". So i changed my ExePackage for Windows Servers.

<ExePackage Id="FeatureNet35Server"

                  SourceFile="run.bat"

                  InstallCommand="powershell.exe Install-WindowsFeature NET-Framework-Features -IncludeAllSubFeature"

                  InstallCondition="NTProductType > "1" AND NOT Netfx35Version "

                  DetectCondition="Netfx35Version"

                  Cache="yes"

                  PerMachine="yes"

                  />

But every time I try to install I get

Error 0x80070001: Process returned error: 0x1 Error 0x80070001: Failed to execute EXE package.

Error 0x80070001: Failed to configure per-machine EXE package.

Applied execute package: FeatureNet35Server, result: 0x80070001, restart:

None

Error 0x80070001: Failed to execute EXE package.

I tried to add or remove PerMachine or run the Installer as Administrator, but nothing helped.

Any suggestions would really help me out?

Thank you!