[wix-users] Application short cuts not being created

Palomba, Anthony Anthony.Palomba at nttdata.com
Tue Jul 16 08:49:56 PDT 2019

Hey Jacob,

Thanks for your assistance with this. From the log, it looks like it is trying to create it. I am not sure what my shortcut authoring looks like, but I can not seem to find the link any where on my system. I am running Win10.

Here is the Wix xml that generated these actions...

            <Directory Id="ProgramMenuFolder" SourceName="Programs">
                <Directory Id="ApplicationProgramsFolder" Name="Bridge Geometry System (BGS)">
                    <Component Id="ApplicationShortcut" Guid="a8b18d4c-9def-476b-aec2-73768d72859b">
                        <Shortcut Id="ApplicationStartMenuShortcut" Name="BGS" Description="Run BGS" Target="bgs.exe" WorkingDirectory="APPLICATIONROOTDIRECTORY"/>
                        <RemoveFolder Id="CleanUpShortCut" Directory="ApplicationProgramsFolder" On="uninstall"/>
                        <RegistryValue Root="HKCU" Key="Software\TxDOT\BGS" Name="installed" Type="integer" Value="1" KeyPath="yes"/>
                    </Component>
                </Directory>
            </Directory>

Anthony