[wix-users] Application short cuts not being created

manish duggal duggal_sunny at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 15:10:52 PDT 2019

 Check if your wix entry is something like this?

 <Directory Id="ProgramMenuFolder">        <Directory Id="<ProductProgramMenuDir>" Name="Your Product">          <!-- This creates a start menu shortcut win10-->          <Component Id="<ShortcutId>" Guid="6588527C-2DA8-485D-A3B6-255AC0977D92">
            <Condition><![CDATA[WIN2016BUILD]]></Condition>
            <Shortcut Id="AppStartMenuShortcut" Name="<name>" Description="<Desc>" Target="<exe associated with shortcut>" WorkingDirectory="<install dir> " Directory="ProductProgramMenuDir">
              <!-- Set the AppID in order to get toasts to work -->              <ShortcutProperty Key="System.AppUserModel.ID" Value="<value>"></ShortcutProperty>
              <!-- Set the ToastActivatorCLSID in order to get notifications working in Action Center -->              <ShortcutProperty Key="System.AppUserModel.ToastActivatorCLSID" Value="{404E11D3-363C-4C63-964E-0EEC7FF71ADD}"></ShortcutProperty>
            </Shortcut>          </Component>        </Directory>
      </Directory>
You can set the WIN2016BUILD property to confirm that it is a win10 build (Major, Minor for OS). Or for simplicity, you can make the condition true and check.
Thxmanish