[wix-users] Remove MSI on Update without running a CustomAction in it

RonnyS ronnys.coding at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 07:49:08 PDT 2019

Hello I think the problem is the condition of the Feature Feature_SHA1.
The condition says that the level only switch to 1 if the VersionNT <=
Windows 7 is true.

    <Feature Id="Feature_SHA1" Level="0">
      <Condition Level="1">
        <![CDATA[VersionNT <= 601]]>
      </Condition>
      <ComponentGroupRef Id="group.SHA1Files" />
    </Feature>

<Feature Id="Feature_SHA256" Level="0">
      <Condition Level="1">
        <![CDATA[VersionNT >= 602]]>
      </Condition>
      <ComponentGroupRef Id="group.SHA2Files" />
    </Feature>

I have change the condition in Orca and than the uninstall works.

Can I uninstall the feature from an exsisting installed MSI with a console
command?
I try REMOVE=ALL but it not work as the level of the feature is zero.

Thanks and Greetings Ronny