[wix-users] User-based choice of install scope via bootstrap bundle

Dominique Fuchs dev at dmnq.onl
Fri Jan 25 23:58:42 PST 2019

Hi Brian and thanks für the input.

I get your point that things can become a mess in such situations where you‘re not checki g for existing installation and/or the user doesn‘t know what to choose.

In my case however I just wanted to avoid distribution of two different setups, as I know that there will be some users that want to do only per-user install. Doing some registry checks (as the software package is a msi this should be pretty reliable) before installation should be little work.