[wix-users] Question about Merge Modules using WIX

Janani Ravirajan janani.ravirajan at niceincontact.com
Wed Jan 9 10:02:18 PST 2019

Hello,

I am new to WIX and I am trying to do the following task.

We are installing VC++ redistributables as per the following document.

http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/howtos/redistributables_and_install_checks/install_vcredist.html

But I want to only ADD these redistributables( merge modules) if they are not already present.
How can I accomplish that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Janani

Email Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this transmission is confidential, proprietary or privileged and may be subject to protection under the law.  The message is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalties. If you received this transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately by replying to this email and delete the material from any computer.