[wix-users] Parallelize with IncrediBuild

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Thu Feb 28 07:42:16 PST 2019

I haven't used IncrediBuild but in general your going to want to make sure that your fragments are split out enough and that your build process is smart enough to know which fragments are out of date and need building and which ones aren't.   Binary fragments might help speed also.   Naturally you'll want a beefy build server with plenty of CPU and Disk I/O ( SSD ).

I've worked on some pretty big installers (DVD size with hundreds of features and tens of thousands of files )   where we ran 100,000 builds a year but none took long enough that we were overly concerned about it.  There were too many other things to go after.