[wix-users] How can I conditionally overwrite DLLs during WIX installation of different packages?

Blair Murri osito at live.com
Sat Feb 9 00:03:15 PST 2019

The ICEs sometimes make the assumption that the package may be installed either way, and tend to ignore the presence of the ALLUSERS property (since it is easily changed).

Edwin does bring up a great point: drivers should generally be installed from per-machine packages, since drivers themselves tend to be installed machine-wide.

I would reiterate my suggestion that the component be split into two: one for the registry key and the other for the dll.