[wix-users] Unresolved bind-time variable !(bind.packageDescription.MsiPackageID) is behaving differently from other packageXXXX bindings

Shintaro Takechi devst119 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 14:05:17 PST 2019

Hi,

I am trying to use the !(bind.packageDescription.MsiPackageID) in my bundle
just like other available binding variables such as
!(bind.packageName.MsiPackageID) or !(bind.packageVersion.MsiPackageID).

Even though packageName and packageVersion would not return any error,
packageDescription is returning "Unresolved bind-time variable".

In the msi, under Package element, I am assigning the Description attribute.

I have WiX Toolset v3.11.1.2318.

Would anybody have any clue what may cause this?