[wix-users] Uninstall Burn if chained msi is triggered to uninstall

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 22:18:05 PST 2019

Hi experts,

I've installed a msi chained in my Burn based bootstrapper. Bootstrapper is
capable of Reinstalling/Uninstalling/Modifying its installation very well.
Now if I trigger the uninstall of msi directly either using msiexec /xcommand
line or from control panel (if msi is allowed to appear there), my
boostrapper wouldn't know that its child is being uninstalled.

*Q:* How to let Boostrapper application know that its delivered msi is
being removed so that it can respond with Maintenance Dialog to show?