[wix-users] Wrong install path in modify mode

Boaz Lev boazlev at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 2 14:54:23 PST 2019

I have an installer which has a couple of features which need to go into specific folders not under my main install folder. When I install in install mode the feature (or features if I select more than one) go into the folder the user has selected via a customized install location dialog. If I am in modify mode and select Change, I get the expected UI and select the appropriate folder. The files of the feature, however, are not installed in the right folder. They are installed in the root of the main drive. I have looked at the logs, but nothing stands out. I can see the various properties are being set as I would expect they are in regular install mode. What am I missing?

Here are some of the code pieces I think may be relevant:

<Directory Id="PLUGINFOLDER">
  <Directory Id="XPPLUGINSFOLDER">
    <Directory Id="XPPLUGINFOLDERFF" Name="FF">
      <Directory Id="XPPLUGFOLDERFFX64" Name="x64"/>
   </Directory>
   <Directory Id="XPPLUGINFOLDERJPT" Name="JPT">
     <Directory Id="XPPLUGINFOLDERJPTX64" Name="x64"/>
    </Directory>
 </Directory>
</Directory>

_BROWSEPLUGINPROPERTY comes from the customized BrowseDlg

<Property Id="_BROWSEPLUGINPROPERTY" Value="XPLANEPLUGINSFOLDER" Secure="yes"/>

Thanks in advance,