[wix-users] MsiPackage/@PrereqSupportPackage

Jacques Eloff repstosd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 11:54:05 PDT 2019

Hi Jacob

No it's not, but what you said about the MBA loader makes sense. It's
literally just an MSI to trigger a reboot. I just wanted to test my custom
BA and see if I messed anything up around reboots/resumes, so I figured a
prereq package that forces a reboot would help validate some scenarios
since a reboot in a prereq will stop the MBA from proceeding until the
reboot is completed from what I understand to ensure everything the custom
BA depends is installed.

I can just try setting up a Windows 7 machine without .NET and validate
this reboot scenario using the something that can fail the MBA loader

Thanks,
Jacques