[wix-users] MsiPackage/@PrereqSupportPackage

Jacques Eloff repstosd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 11:02:01 PDT 2019

Hi

I added this attribute to an MsiPackage. The package is first in my chain
and when I decompile, I can see an entry for
<MbaPrerequisiteSupportPackage> in BootstrapperApplicationData.xml

The MsiPackage has no install condition and per the docs, this should cause
the Prereq BA to plan the package:

>From the docs:
When set to "yes", the Prereq BA will plan the package to be installed if
its InstallCondition is "true" or empty

The MSI itself only has one component - I'm trying to verify reboot
behavior for a prereq in a custom BA prerequisites. However, I'm not seeing
the prereq BA kicking in.

It does for the NetFx45 prereq package, which make me wonder if I'm doing
something silly that's causing it to skip over my package.

I tried adding an InstallCondition, but that didn't seem to matter.

Is there something obvious I'm just overlooking?

Thanks,
Jacques