[wix-users] .Net Core 2.2 Windows Server Hosting

Brian E brianke at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 06:31:03 PDT 2019

Is there a way to check that "Microsoft .NET Core 2.2.* - Windows Server
Hosting" is installed on a machine during installation?

I am not looking to add the install of Windows Server Hosting to the
installation package at this time, I just want to check if it is there and
output a message if it isn't.  Something similar to this .NET Framework
check:

    <!-- Check for .NET 4.6.2 -->
    <PropertyRef Id="WIX_IS_NETFRAMEWORK_462_OR_LATER_INSTALLED" />
    <Condition Message="$(var.ProductName) requires .NET Framework 4.6.2 or
higher.">
      <![CDATA[Installed OR WIX_IS_NETFRAMEWORK_462_OR_LATER_INSTALLED]]>
    </Condition>

Brian

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.  -
Albert Einstein