[wix-users] Having trouble adding a directory to the msi file using Wix in Visual Studio 2019

keith.fogle at daimler.com keith.fogle at daimler.com
Mon Aug 12 12:56:13 PDT 2019

I am working with an application that uses Vix in Visual Studio 2019.   Previously this app was built in Visual Studio 2015.     The Wix project generates the msi file properly, but it leaves out the bin directory, which is crucial.

How do I tell Wix to add another directory to the generated msi file ?  I've looked in the documentation, and there does not seem to be a straightforward way to do this.  I'm obviously missing something....

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith Fogle | Software Developer | Apex Systems
2701 NW Vaughn Street, Suite 900, Portland, OR  97210
Office: 503-745-9447 | Cell: 713-412-8063
keith.fogle at daimler.com