[wix-users] Repackaging with WiX?

Dan Gough goughdj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 05:59:30 PDT 2019

Hi,

WiX is mostly used by developers and software vendors, but there's a huge
untapped market out there, which is repackaging non-MSI setups so that they
can be configured and deployed for enterprise deployment. There are a bunch
of commercial tools out there that do this, but they are all have issues
and are mostly extortionately expensive.

After some brief investigation it looks like I could build a before/after
snapshot tool to output a folder of files and a reg file, then harvest that
into a WiX project and build from there.

I just wondered if anyone out there has attempted anything similar, or
would be interested in such a project?

Regards,
Dan