[wix-users] Is there any switch for Visual Studio 2017 Light command of Localization file?

Matsumoto Chihiro illuminate33 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 14 22:48:30 PDT 2019

I have found an answer in an old post of stackoverflow,  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31720115/using-wixiisextension-and-localization-variable-errors-on-building-localized-ins?rq=1. Copied the file named wix39-debug\src\ext\IIsExtension\wixlib\en-us.wxl into my project (as ja-JP.wxl), include it in project, and then translate English strings. I don't know why "fallback" culture didn't work in my project.(both comma and semicolon doesn't work.)

Thank you for your concern.
[https://cdn.sstatic.net/Sites/stackoverflow/img/apple-touch-icon@2.png?v=73d79a89bded]<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31720115/using-wixiisextension-and-localization-variable-errors-on-building-localized-ins?rq=1>

Using WixIIsExtension and localization variable errors on building localized installer<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31720115/using-wixiisextension-and-localization-variable-errors-on-building-localized-ins?rq=1>
When using the WixIIsExtension for WiX MSI project, for building localized installer (ru-RU culture, for example), I got a lot of such errors: the localization variable (loc.configureiis) is unkno...
stackoverflow.com