[wix-users] Packaging in wix

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Mon Apr 1 03:52:19 PDT 2019

It all depends on how these files are shipped to customers.   Does prq.exe and abc.exe always go together or do you have another product that contains  prq.exe and def.exe?   Does PRQ.exe ever ship by itself and then  abc.exe  is shipped by itself  skipping PRQ if it's already installed?

I have an open source project that has templates and graphical designers to help make WiX easier to learn and use.  It has one template that creates an MSI and one that creates an EXE/MSI.    If you use the latter you can then add another MSI project to it and with two actions ( add a project reference and add a line to your bundle wix xml )   it can install two MSI.      With the former you can just add both files to your single MSI.