[wix-users] Help with bootstrapper UI

Nir Bar nir.bar at panel-sw.com
Sun Sep 23 01:47:12 PDT 2018

You can show the MSI dialogs by setting MsiPackage @DisplayInternalUI attribute to 'yes' Then you'll get both windows side-by-side: The bootstrapper's and the MSI's To get a single window UI create a WPF-based UI. You can get inspiration from WiX source code src\Setup\WixBA\WixBA.csproj -- Nir Bar WiX Expert ---- On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 00:23:00 +0300 Linda Barnhart via wix-users <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org> wrote ---- Hello! I am a newbie to Wix and somewhat confused and overwhelmed. I have a working installer that I generated using InstallShield so not completely new to creating an installer. I’ve been tasked with creating an installer for another of our products using Wix. There are prerequisites that need to be installed for this product and I need an exe as the output. I am working in Visual Studio 2017 Community. I installed WiX Toolset v3.11. I have a working solution that includes a setup project and a bundle/bootstrapper project (which uses <BootstrapperApplicationRef Id="WixStandardBootstrapperApplication.RtfLicense"><bal:WixStandardBootstrapperApplication> to display a EULA and logo), an exe is generated when I build, and when the exe is run I get a very limited user interface that does install the prerequisites and product when finished. Yay! I now need to add at least 2 additional dialogs to the user interface. What is the best way to do this? I was hoping I could use the WixUI_FeatureTree UI and just tweak it and add additional dialogs (as it appears to be pretty straightforward). If I understood correctly, I believe I can go back and add the WixUI_FeatureTree UI to my setup project, get it all working there, and then hook it into my bootstrapper project. Is that correct? If so, how do I “hook” it in? Is there a better way to accomplish this? I read some articles about creating a totally custom UI, but it was quite confusing to me. ____________________________________________________________________ WiX Toolset Users Mailing List provided by FireGiant http://www.firegiant.com/