[wix-users] Uninstall of msi should trigger uninstall of bootstrapper

Walter Dexter wfdexter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 20:14:58 PDT 2018

I’m just making stuff up on Saturday night after a morning of support, but enterprises generally don’t want bootstrappers because I don’t believe you can deploy them with SCCM/SCOM.

Personally I just discard any bootstrapped our vendors provide and deploy the MSI, but I work in a very constrained environment. And the normal InstallShield setup.exe they hand off doesn’t seem to actually do anything.