[wix-users] Uninstall of msi should trigger uninstall of bootstrapper

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 08:15:27 PDT 2018

Hi,
I'm delivering a plugin (In chained msi in our custom bootrapper) for a
software. When the user uninstalls that software, it automatically triggers
the uninstall of its plugins (internally via Windows Installer Service i.e.
msi). But that leaves our Bootstrapper there in Control Panel. Now if
someone tries to uninstall it, bootstrapper would be asking to Install
itself (again) which would be failed as the parent software which will host
the plugin is not there.
Is there any event, which could trigger the uninstall of Bootstrapper
whenever the chained msi is triggered to uninstall?

Thanks a bunch.
Farrukh