[wix-users] Visual Studio Versions

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Mon Sep 10 20:20:37 PDT 2018

Yup. I was doing product line installers (  dozens of similar but different installers across dozens of repos and branches each with 10,000-20,000 files spread out over 100 features and bootstrappers with up to 30 packages in them )  about 10 years ago.  That was the genesis of IsWiX as we had out grown InstallShield.    We were cranking out 100,000 builds a year back then. 😲

Sure, VS is just the development IDE.  MSBuild is what ultimately gets called in my CICD pipeline.