[wix-users] Visual Studio Versions

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 19:29:54 PDT 2018

We're still using Visual Studio 2012 but we don't use IsWiX. We need to
support older C++ compilers so we don't rev Visual Studio very frequently.
I'm actually hoping we can move on to Visual Studio 2015, at least, but I
don't see that happening soon.

Are you at a point where you can't really add new features to IsWiX for
Visual Studio 2010 and 2012? If so, perhaps you can just select some
version to be the last version supporting those versions of Visual Studio.
If keeping that support in the latest versions of IsWiX doesn't keep you
from implementing new features, then I don't see a problem having some
features that only work on newer versions of Visual Studio. All that said,
I don't use IsWiX so I don't have any vested interest in the outcome.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018, 19:08 Christopher Painter via wix-users <