[wix-users] (no subject)

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Sun Sep 2 10:38:56 PDT 2018

This is one of the reasons I suggest keeping your application code in one sln and your installer code in another solution.    It is quite common for one of two things to happen over the years:

1) App devs are eager to try the latest  but  installer tool stack  ( WiX , IsWiX, InstallShield )  isn't supported on the new version yet.

2) Developers need to stay on a legacy version of VS but there is no reason for the installers to.

Other reasons for separation are:

1) Simplifies  project build order.  All dev code is built before any installer code is built.

2) Hierarchy organization of source tree

3) Separation of responsibilities.  (Risk: Avoid silos though)