[wix-users] Allow multiple installs of our app on a single system

Todd Hoatson todd.hoatson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 10:17:22 PDT 2018

Hi,
  I have a working installer for our app, coded in WiX.  The previous
version of our app used a different installation tool.

  Now, if we try to install our newest version on a system where the
previous version is already installed, an error message appears, requiring
the user to uninstall the previous version first.

  We would like to eliminate this requirement.  We feel it is unnecessary.
Since I didn't put anything explicit in the WiX code to cause this, I'm
unsure how to proceed.

  Any suggestions?  Our installer uses WixUI_Mondo, if that makes a
difference...

  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Todd Hoatson
Mobile: 763-291-3312