[wix-users] MSMQ issue during DB install

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 06:21:30 PDT 2018

Well, there is already a bug for this. You can read the details in the
issue.

https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5783

Unfortunately, as written today, these custom actions *require* MSMQ to
already be installed before your MSI is installed or uninstalled.

The workaround is to
1.) ensure MSMQ is already installed before you install/uninstall the MSI
(for example, using a bundle) *OR*
2.) fix the WiX custom actions so they marshall data as described in the
issue *OR*
3.) write your own custom actions that behave the way you need them to.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018, 23:19 Ven H via wix-users <