[wix-users] rejecting unknown properties supplied on command line

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Mon Nov 19 07:50:41 PST 2018

There is no way that I'm aware of.  The MSI log shows all the properties passed to the msiexec command line but as I recall there is no API to find every property that was set.

If this is really critical to you,  you could write a bootstrapper to write the MSI and have it pass a property to the MSI  (InstallShield uses SETUPEXEDRIVEN=1)  that the MSI could use to gate check.   If it's installed directly without this it could quit.   The bootstrapper could then do whatever cmdline validation you need.