[wix-users] Bootstrapper .NET Framework prerequisite

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Tue Nov 6 13:52:51 PST 2018

Hi,

Does anyone have some sample code how to "uninstall" your product after Burn has installed the .NET requirement?  I need to remove the registry key or something.  I know there is an old bug written up for this, but I have not seen any workarounds.  I have a .NET custom UI (C# WPF) that uses .NET Framework 4.6.2.  The bootstrapper correctly installs .NET when it's not installed, but then of course it adds itself to the Programs and Features list, causing the installer to fail.  I assume there's an event before Apply or something where I could check that Burn has installed .NET and at that point remove the registry key?

Thanks,
Tyrel