[wix-users] MSIExec hangs

Fyodor Koryazhkin fyodorkor at gmail.com
Tue May 29 11:16:04 PDT 2018

Hi,
During installation InstallValidate action hangs with error written to log:
"Installer is no longer responding". This happens very randomly and not
consistent on POS Ready 7 systems. (We have thousands of them)
After restarting the system installation passes OK.
 I tried to examine the system during the hang:
1. There are three Msiexec processes at the time.
2. Two of them can be killed manually (that that have command line
"Embedding 7D91DEA3F4DCC07853AA7459CF4DC003 E Global\MSI0000) and that that
have my command line)
3. The third process cannot be killed manually.
4. I tried to take the dump of hung MSI process but that process of taking
dump also hangs with dump file size staying at zero.
5. After the system restarts installation passes OK.

What can be the problem?

Thank you

--
Regards,