[wix-users] Automatic Updates

Herman van Drie hvandrie at outlook.com
Sun May 20 21:14:57 PDT 2018

Keep in mind following:

- Security context in which Windows service runs (NT AUTHORITY\Local System), runs as anonymous credentials when accessing network locations thus ie webserver/proxy access requiring authentication will fail)
- Utilizing another User context based thread that would use its credentials to detect any updates, download and stage it for the windows service to execute (with authenticode signing)
- Windows Information Protection, it's new and not widely adopter but is the next level of anti-threat protection. Be sure to code sign all your executable binaries.

Cheers,

Herman