[wix-users] Validation for Controls in Dialogs

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Wed May 16 07:53:19 PDT 2018

I don't write UIs for MSI so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I
believe you must implement validation as custom actions. As such, they can
only be triggered on page transition so the user must try to continue to
the next page before you can perform the validation.

You might be able to transition automatically back to the previous page if
the validation failed. I vaguely remember a UI I reviewed once doing that
but that was more than a decade ago. I am most likely misremembering the
details.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Wed, May 16, 2018, 04:46 Ven H via wix-users <