[wix-users] .Net installation in MBA

Parkes, Kevin kevin.parkes at wacom.com
Mon May 14 08:54:13 PDT 2018

I have a custom MBA which installs a .Net application targeting .Net v4.6.2. My BA has target framework set to .NET 4 and my Bundle <Chain> includes <PackageGroupRef Id="NetFx462Web" />

On Win 7 with .Net 4 or 4.5 installed, my ExecuteFilesInUse handler is called and the file in use is….my installer!

If I set e.Result to Result.Cancel, installation continues anyway (as if I'd set Result.Ignore) and seems to succeed (.Net 4.6.2 is listed in Programs and Features; the application runs OK). Also strange/unexpected: a reboot is requested but the application still appears to run OK if I elect not to "restart now".

I'm confused. Can anyone explain what could be going on here?