[wix-users] Error DARK0182 using dark.exe

Michael Urman murman at gmail.com
Fri May 11 06:37:40 PDT 2018

It's not quite that nefarious; just search for the name. "The ISDRMFile
table contains information about the file being wrapped for trialware
protection." Assuming you already dropped, or will drop, the use of
InstallShield's Trialware feature (and you should; it was discontinued),
and assuming you are providing a new build of whatever file it was used
with, it should be safe to drop the use of the ISDRM* tables.

As for getting dark to accept that, well, that's outside of my expertise.

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 4:58 AM Colin Dawson (Astronutter) via wix-users <