[wix-users] [SUSPICIOUS] Is WiX 4.0 dead?

Kevin Marshall kevin.marshall at musco.com
Wed May 9 07:59:32 PDT 2018

Reading this, it seems to me like Wix is well positioned moving forward. I
can't speak to the on ice part, but it seems like it should be easy for
Wix to extend to support MSIX.

Thanks,

Kevin Marshall

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 7:20 AM -0600 wrote:
 After going to a new PC with Windows 10 I tried to keep my toolbox tidy -
 including avoiding age-old stuff like dotNet 3.x and 2.x. For several
 months I kept my old machine for running WiX builds and nothing else, but
 when other tools (Python 3.6 installer) reqired the old dotNet versions
 anyway, I caved in to the pressure.
 It is about half a year since we saw anything about WiX 4.x. I saw the
 latest blog entry from Rob Mensching about MSIX - is *that* the reason
 WiX 4.0 is kept on ice?