[wix-users] Database behavior during Patch Uninstallation

Colin Dawson (Astronutter) c.j.dawson76 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 07:51:21 PDT 2018

Another approach could be to do a backup of the database at install time, then at uninstall restore the backup.   Huge caveat is that any user added data will be lost.

Normally my experience is that once an database is installed it’s left in place, upgraded by patched and not removed when uninstall - unless there’s a specific UI option to facilitate dropping the database.

Colin

Sent from my iPhone