[wix-users] Database creation issue

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Wed May 9 06:30:31 PDT 2018

Since you have not provided a verbose log for us to see what is actually is
going on (always get a verbose log, always) the best I can do is make a
guess.

In the past I sent email about how immediate custom actions decide what to
do and schedule rollback and "execute" deferred custom actions to run later
by the server process when the install script is executed.

It might be possible that the immediate custom action is failing with the
"out of memory" error you are seeing. In that case none of the actions
would actually run.

But your question implies that at least some of the "execute" deferred
custom actions are running so one would expect some of the rollback custom
actions to run. Of course those rollback actions will only run if they are
sequenced before their "execute" counterparts. Perhaps the rollback you
expect is not happening because it is not scheduled correctly.

Then again, you are running out of memory. Perhaps it *IS* trying to run
the rollback but it can't because it ran out of memory!

Really, the only thing we can do here is make guesses without the verbose
log. What does the verbose log say?

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Wed, May 9, 2018, 05:52 Ven H via wix-users <