[wix-users] Rollback during Installation Error

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:36:28 PDT 2018

Check your verbose log.

Note that rollback actions execute when the install transaction rolls back.
For that to occur a standard action (or deferred custom action) scheduled
*after* your rollback action must fail. If the rollback action is scheduled
after the action that fails, then the rollback action will not execute
(because it was never written to the rollback script). If your other
actions don't actually fail (perhaps because you have check="ignore" on
that CustomAction or because the custom action returns ERROR_SUCCESS back
to the Windows Installer engine in this particular error case) then the
rollback action will not execute. If the rollback action is scheduled
outside the install transaction (before InstallInitialize or after
InstallFinalize) then the rollback action will not run (I would expect an
ICE warning for this case).

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 11:11 AM, Ven H via wix-users <