[wix-users] Serious problem with FindRelatedProducts and install context

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:23:36 PDT 2018

Just curious, what do you mean "there's only one set of files"?

A per-user install and per-machine install should probably install to
different locations. What if UserA and UserB both perform per-user
installs? Those installs should not conflict with one another and should
not conflict with a per-machine install.

I have a feeling you'll need a bootstrapper to install the upgrade MSI with
appropriate values for ALLUSERS and MSIINSTALLPERUSER depending on whether
the user wants to install/upgrade per-user vs per-machine...

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 4:05 PM, Alan Sinclair via wix-users <