[wix-users] Issue with New Component GUID during Upgrade

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 06:02:17 PDT 2018

I have an MSI which has a component with 4 files with a component ID and
keypath set. Upon installation, the files go into a folder(MyApp) inside
Program Files (x86). I also have a major upgrade element with a
Schedule=afterInstallExecute. For upgrade, I am testing a scenario by
supplying a new Component GUID. After upgrade installation, I see that the
MyApp folder itself disappears. It appears again, if I run the upgrade
installer again. I am not able to understand this behavior? Is it only
because of a new Component GUID? I have tried with all the values for
Schedule attribute, but the behavior is the same. Has anyone come across
this? If so, any idea how to fix this?