[wix-users] MSBuild target for harvesting a .reg file

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 11:01:50 PDT 2018

WiX doesn't provide a task/target to harvest a registry file. You'll need
to use a pre-build event (or custom target) to call heat.exe directly
unless you want to write your own custom task similar to HeatProject <
https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix3/blob/develop/src/tools/WixTasks/heatproject.cs>,
HeatFile <
https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix3/blob/develop/src/tools/WixTasks/heatfile.cs>,
or HeatDirectory <
https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix3/blob/develop/src/tools/WixTasks/heatdirectory.cs>
that harvests a registry file.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 9:17 AM, Luca Bacci via wix-users <