[wix-users] Quotes in Property value

Carlos Sosa carlos.sosa.us at outlook.com
Thu Mar 22 15:56:50 PDT 2018

Hello, I'm trying to create a shortcut pointing to the following URL (This forces a web page to open with Chrome even if Chrome is not the default):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"; --profile-directory=Default --app-id=boklmkjica

I'm doing this:

<SetProperty Id="URL" Value='"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --profile-directory=Default --app-id= boklmkjica' Sequence="execute"  Before="CreateShortcuts"/>

And calling it like:

   <Shortcut Id="DesktopShortcut"
                Name="HelloWorld"
                Target="[URL]"
                Icon ="icon.ico"/>

The Installer fails creating the short cut:
Warning 1909 Could not créate ShortCut
If I remove the " it creates the shortcut but it doesn't work I need to have the quotes.

Any help is appreciated.
Tnx.