[wix-users] FileInUse on Upgrade in MBA

Periyasamy Chinnu biggodannauniv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 06:39:21 PDT 2018

Sorry for delay. Yes on upgrade files in use need to fire when those files
in use that are updated by the installer.

I found one behavior, file-in-use got triggered on upgrade if the file
version is different. If no changes, then this will not be triggered.

Is this expected behavior of Windows Installer?

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 7:56 PM, Nir Bar via wix-users <