[wix-users] How to supply value of var argument of heat command while compiling in VS

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 01:00:24 PDT 2018

I am using Heat.exe to harvest a folder with some files. For the argument
called "-var", I am providing a value "var.OutDir" and the heat output is
generated. Now, I am trying to use this wxs file in my Visual Studio setup
project. But, I am getting a compile error. I am not sure where to supply
the value of Var argument in Visual Studio. I tried providing it in the
Build tab of Project Properties in the Preprocessor variables and/
variables, but no luck. Because of this, I am not able to use heat output
in Visual Studio. Can anyone please help?