[wix-users] Double quotes in registry value

Dzmitry Razhanski Dzmitry_Razhanski at epam.com
Thu Mar 15 07:06:26 PDT 2018

Hi Pavan,

It would be better if you provide your own code which doesn't work.

Using the code below:
	 <Property Id="TEST_REG" Secure="yes">
 		  <RegistrySearch Id="SEARCH_TEST" Root="HKLM" Key="Software\TEST" Name="xxx" Type="raw"/>
	</Property>
	<Property Id="TEST2" Value='"&BLAH"' />

I got the same result in the installation logs:
	Property(S): TEST_REG = "&BLAH"
	Property(S): TEST2 = "&BLAH"

These conditions disable and enable my component installation accordingly:
	<Condition> <![CDATA[ TEST_REG <> TEST2 ]]></Condition>  <!-- FALSE-->
	<Condition>  TEST_REG = TEST2 </Condition> <!-- TRUE-->
              <Condition> TEST_REG = '"&BLAH"' </Condition> <!-- TRUE-->

Best regards,
            Dzmitry Razhanski.