[wix-users] When should an installation ask for administrative privileges

Sean Farrow sean.farrow at seanfarrow.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 02:09:03 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I've got an installer that I have not developed but have been asked to look at. One of the things this installer does is ask for administrative privelleges when the user clicks the install button. Is this best practice, or should the request for admin privelleges come before the installer starts?
To my mind it should be the latter, but I want to check what the best practice advice is.
Any advice appreciated.
Kind regards
Sean.