[wix-users] DTF does not maintain the directories when adding a file as content to the Custom Action Project

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Thu Mar 8 09:04:15 PST 2018

I just repro your problem and it doesn't match my memory of how DTF works.    I once upon a time had a use case for license key validation in the installer using files provided by the application and I had to organize the files in a very specific way.   Either that or I'm getting old and I misremember.

When I get a chance tonight, I'll install an old version of WiX and see if I can rediscover what I think to be the old behavior.