[wix-users] Backward compatibility level of latest 3.X version of WIX with 3.4/3.5 version?

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Thu Mar 8 04:33:22 PST 2018

I've had government contracts that said we had to be able to support a baseline with the exact build environment for 10 years so I can understand how this would be.

The thing to do of course is create a branch or fork the repos, set up a build with the new version of wix and try it out.

The thing I recall is the name of the targets file changed somewhere along the way.  Also there were some DTF MSBuild differences that I don't recall.  Also if you are doing patching the MD5/SHA stuff changed.    I couldn't tell you as that's all ancient history to me.